Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Catholicism

I went to mass in Harrisonburg for the first time today, at Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church.  It was a small gathering, maybe 20 people, most of them little old ladies.  It's funny, I was always fairly neutral about going to a Catholic high school, but since I've been in college I've appreciated it more and more.  Being exposed to that tradition for four years has allowed me to step into masses in Guatemala, Austria, and now downtown Harrisonburg with ease, to have a general idea of what's going on, and thus to feel comfortable there.  I find it strangely soothing to be a part of the whole ritual of mass every once in a while, and today was no different.  I got to meet a number of the old ladies afterward, and they were welcoming and full of compliments.  I might go back next week.  :)

1 comment: