Friday, November 30, 2012

Meet the Chef

I love experimental cooking!  Whether it's figuring out how to prepare artichokes from the dumpster or using up leftover ricotta or pouring spices into a dish in whatever quantity I feel like at the time, it's just exciting.  If I'm feeding other people I often feel the need to offer a disclaimer, that no, I haven't made this before and no, I'm not following a recipe, but I do hope it turns out...  But I haven't had any food disasters yet!  Thanks to the campus chickens we have way too many eggs in the fridge right now, so last night I made a quiche.  Looked at four or five recipes and then didn't follow any of them.  I didn't measure any of the ingredients (except for the crust), but my roommate and I agreed that it turned out delicious.  Yeah.  This is what I do for fun.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Want to cook for me when you come home? I like eating other people's cooking experiments. :)

    ReplyDelete