Friday, April 27, 2012

Summer

Three years down, one to go!   Had my last final exam this morning.  This was actually not a terribly stressful semester, but of course it's a relief to have finally finished everything.  I've been ready to go home for a while, but now that the school component is over I'm glad to have a few days here on campus to relax, maybe set up my hammock outside and take a nap if it stays nice, and to see some of my friends graduate.  Once I do get home, I'll have about five weeks there before heading to Graz, Austria for the rest of the summer.  I have an internship at Graz University of Technology working in a Chemistry lab.  I don't know yet what project I'll be working on, but I'm so excited both for gaining some research experience and for the fact that I'll also get to do some traveling.  I have never traveled by myself before, so it'll be an adventure.  I'm planning to spend part of my time in May working on my currently nonexistent German (don't worry, everything in the lab is in English...).  And I'm open to hearing ideas of awesome things to do in/around Austria!

1 comment: