Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Anticipation

Only one week left until I leave!

These things scare me:
  • Forgetting something I need.  I know there's going to be a store right across the street, but packing light makes me nervous.  
  • Not having access to my computer, my music, my phone.  A little pathetic maybe, but it's true. 
  • Being awkward with my host family.  Or offending them by accident. 
  • Not getting along with my host family for some other reason.  Like, if they're super religious or super loud or super some-other-thing-I-can't-tolerate-all-that-well-for-long-periods-of-time.  
  • Not using my Spanish as much as I could for fear of sounding dumb.  And then coming back not fluent. 

P.S.  If anyone wants to mail me something while I'm in Guatemala, go right ahead!  :)  Just be aware it may take a while to get there, so plan ahead.  Here's the address:
       CASAS
         Ruth Maust
         Apdo. 11, Periférico, zona 11
         Ciudad de Guatemala, Guatemala

    No comments:

    Post a Comment